Happy New Year! (2018 Goals)
Happy New Year!
I'm so excited for 2018, because I have so many goals!
Every New Year's Eve, I get a little sad. Maybe it's my nonstop existential crisis making me panic every time I feel more time passing. Maybe it's the constant reminder that I'm getting older, despite the fact that most people would say 25 is still young. Whatever it is, I always feel sad to say goodbye to the current year.
But once the new year begins, I'm ready to hit the ground running. And this year, I'm super excited to devote my 2018 to growing myself as a writer, artist, and entrepreneur.
Here are my goals for 2018!
- Get YUP Productions, Cice's and my film & video startup, off the ground. (Another post will be coming soon with more details on this!)
- Release a third Furever Home Friends book!
- Reintroduce Furever Home Friends stuffed animals for sale.
- Sell 1,000 copies of Furever Home Friends books.
- Sign a book deal for my YA novel One Final Vinyl.
- Publish my new-adult sci-fi novel Sculpt Yourself.
- Finish the first draft of my new YA novel 90's Kids.
- Shoot a feature film with YUP Productions (again, more on this later!)
- Do more school visits, author panels, and vendor/craft fairs.
- Going off of that...have a table at Printer's Row! And the Children's Book Fair! (These are Chicago literature festivals, for those of you in different locations.)
- Attend more small business conferences.
- Shoot two web series with YUP Productions (...as I'm sure you've guessed, more info will be coming about this soon!)
- Help three of my editing clients with Writer's Confidante get their books published! (They're SO close!! Almost there!)
- Post at least 3 blog posts per week...even when grad school is in session!
- Complete 3 more quarters of my grad program at DePaul.
- Lead the Sacred Heart Debate Team through a championship season! (I put this in there just for you guys, since I know a few of you subscribed to my blog.)
- Catch up on my book reviews!
- Do a few art commissions.
So it looks like there's a lot on my plate. But the good news is, 2018 is just starting! I have a whole year to get all of this done!
And if I don't accomplish all of these goals, guess what? No one dies. The world keeps turning. Always aim high.
But since ALL of those goals were work related, and I've had two people very close to me tell me that I work too much and need to take care of myself as a human. (They were my mom and my husband--you can't get closer to me than that...unless Chewie suddenly learned to talk.) So, just for kicks & giggles, I decided to add some goals relating to my "personal life," whatever that is.
Here we go:
- Give Chewie longer/more frequent walks, except when it's below freezing. If necessary, start waking up at 6:00 am to have time to give Chewie the walks he requires.
- Remember to shower at least 3 times a week. (This should be easy to remember--3 blog posts per week, and 3 showers per week. I'll create some kind of mnemonic for that, I'm sure.)
- Remember to eat at least 2 meals on ALL days.
- Learn some vegetarian recipes. Eat lots of tofu. That shit's good.
- Learn to meditate. Maybe. I'm not sure if I'm sold on it yet.
- Be more stylish. Always look nice as a positive representation of myself, The Furever Home Friends, and YUP Productions.
- I guess that means I'll have to change out of pajamas before leaving the house. Most of the time. If it's just a quick walk with Chewie, then you can pry pajamas out of my cold dead hands.
Ugh. Self-care is the worst. It's so much work! I'd rather work on WORK all the time instead. One day when I'm rich and famous, I'm going to pay other people to eat and sleep for me. That was a joke. Sort of.
What are your goals this year?